Did you recently move to the area? Let us be the first to say, “Welcome!” We know it can be overwhelming when you move to a new city: choosing a new dentist, finding your go-to grocery store, even deciding which dry cleaners to use – the decisions might seem endless!
As long-time residents of Anchorage, we’re proud to call it home – and we’re confident you’re going to feel right at home here too! Here are a few of our team’s favorite local services, restaurants, and activities:
Our favorite Anchorage restaurants:
- Bear Tooth Theatrepub/Grill at 1230 W. 27th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99503. Is a gastropub that consists of two sides. The theatrepub side has some of the best pizza and beer in town, and inexpensive movies where they bring the food to your seat while you watch the film! The grill side offers delicious Mexican inspired entrees.
- Ginger is located at 425 W. 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501. They specialize in Pacific Rim cuisine and classic Asian fusion specialties. Ginger also offers a hip, new lounge area as well as local microbrewed beer and a select wine and sake list.
3. Snow City Café located at 1034 West 4th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501. Is a popular downtown brunch place that offers fresh and made from scratch brunch that is served all day. They also have a variety of different soups, sandwiches, and salad. They also cater to those with allergies with a variety of vegan & gluten-free options. Making a reservation a day or two in advanced is highly recommended if you’re planning on going.
Some of the best services Anchorage has to offer:
- Accent of Style Salon and Day Spa at 3210 Denali St, Suite 5, Anchorage, AK 99503. Offers a wide range of services a full service hair salon, and other services that include manicures/pedicures to facials, waxing and massages.
- The Alaska Club has multiple locations around town, even a women’s exclusive club. Each location has different gym facilities and offer basketball, swimming pools. They also have group fitness classes, like Zumba, martial arts, yoga, and dance. The Alaska Club has multiple locations around town, even a women’s exclusive club. Each location has different gym facilities and offer basketball, swimming pools. They also have group fitness classes, like Zumba, martial arts, yoga, and dance.
- Spirit Path Yoga and Wellness 4007 Old Seward Hwy., Suite 100, Anchorage, AK 99503. They have many instructors and therapists that share holistic well-being through educational workshops, body treatments, and assorted yoga classes to suit all levels. They also offer children’s yoga classes.
Our favorite ways to spend the day in Anchorage:
- Tony Knowles Coastal Trail is an 11 mile beautiful trail with multiple access points where you can walk, run, bike, rollerblade, ski, and hike. It runs along the coast of Anchorage with views of the city, wildlife, and even Denali Mountain on clear days.
- Hike Flat Top Mountain starting at the trail head at 13229 Glen Alps Road, Anchorage, AK 99516. It is the most often climbed peak in Anchorage that offers a 360 view of the Alaska Range, Chugach Range, Cook Inlet, and Anchorage. The trail is well marked, and groomed. There is a $5 parking fee.
- Downtown Saturday Market that is open on Sunday’s as well, at 300 C St, Anchorage, AK 99501. It is Alaska’s largest open air market with over 300 vendors where you can buy fresh produce, exotic goods from around the world, or Alaskan souvenirs. There is also an Eat Local alley where you can grab a bite to eat! The Anchorage Market & Festival is a great place to bring family, friends, and visiting tourists. It begins May 7th to September 4, 2016.
We sincerely hope you’ll check some of these hot spots out! If you’re choosing a new dentist as well, see what other Anchorage dental patients have to say about our practice:
- Read our reviews here: https://www.fireweeddentistry.com/anchorage-dental-office-contact/ We’d love to hear from you! What are some of your local favorites? Leave a comment below and let us know!